Friday, October 16, 2009

How sexy can a car be?!

Today a young 20 year old girl strutted to her car boasting, "Check out my sexy car!" Of course she wasn't talking to me, but her co-workers. Yes, it was a sexy car I must admit. I didn't know that cars could be considered as such, but it was sleek and silver with all the bells and whistles...2010 Mustang GT.

I became very self conscious standing next to my van that screamed, "Soccer Mom"! I am not even a soccer mom. I taxi my kids to dance and music lessons. My van is not sexy. It's not sleek. It does have all the bells and whistles that every mom desires: lots of seat belts for my children and their friends, a DVD player to watch 'Cars' again and again, leather seats and even a seat warmer! It even comes with its own air freshener: dirty diapers. I have searched and searched, but to no avail have I found that diaper. Not to mention the sticky, gooey, carmel from a carmel apple that has adhered to the arm rest.

As the girl proudly touched her lustrous car, I had this immediate desire to slink away and find another car to claim as my own. The truth be told, I quickly got into my van with the sticky handprints on the window and prayed that I wouldn't back out and hit a car as I made my exit. The only satisfaction I had was to think that one day this young, hip girl would be driving a minivan with her four kids and proclaiming, "Check out my sexy van! It has cup holders to hold my Starbucks and even my kids' sippy cups! And it goes 0 to 70 in under 10 minutes! Don't I look good in it? It's my color, don't ya think?"

No comments: